The Helsinki Diaries .4

Happy Halloween!!!

The last few weeks have been hectic but as usual I am still having the best time!

Last week, myself and three friends went to Stockholm for a few days, we experienced the pinnacle of cultural experiences at the ABBA museum, got round the city on electric scooters most of the time, and realised that nothing will ever beat how comfy the beds in our AirBnB were. As we are all law students we decided that we should at least try and include some relevant activities into our trip, and we visited the Supreme Court and the Administrative Court buildings, as well as the Parliament and the official and residential homes of the King!

Unfortunately, after three days away we had to return to the hard work that is exams and assignments! Something that is very different in Helsinki compared to Sheffield, is that one prominent method of assessment is the "Study Diary" which just means that after each lecture you write a small piece, usually no more than one or two pages, about the content of the lecture with your own views and opinions of other scholars and things like that. I thought this would be relatively easy compared to an exam but it's really making me think about the content a lot more than I would if I were just studying for a written test! Maybe this is something that should be implemented in more universities if it means that engagement with the material will be improved? 

In other, less academic news, it has been Halloween this week, and not having all of the resources I would have had at home [read: copious amounts of makeup] I had to get creative with costumes and went to one party as Cheryl Blossom from Riverdale, and another as an Alien (This party was at my apartment so I covered my room number with "Area 51") luckily, neither of these costumes broke the bank, and everyone had a really great time! 

I always wanted to do something to remember my Erasmus time, and what's more memorable than getting a tattoo? I also did that this week!

Kiitos!
Lauren

Comments

Popular Posts